LOCAL ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
May long week end;
July 1st Canada Day;
cake and Kids' Scavenger Hunt
August BC Day;
pancake breakfast, hot dog roast and kids' bull head fishing derby with prizes and trophy.
; Corn Roast
There is always lots going on in the Comox Valley - there's a reason we're known for our abundance of recreational activities! This site
has a comprehensive calendar of what's happening downtown, and we've listed some of our other favourites below. You should also be sure to check out the Comox Valley Visitor's Centre
for friendly info about the Comox Valley!
- Comox Valley Farmers Market - Late Spring to Early Fall Annually, Every Wed. & Sat.
The local farmers and others bring their wares every Wednesday and Saturday to locations in the Comox Valley. Great produce, baking, entertainment, and more!
- Canada Day Celebrations - Annually on July 1st
Each year the Comox Valley celebrates Canada Day with a parade down fifth street and activities in Lewis Park. Buy your tickets during the parade or before hand for the "Ducky 500," a fundraiser put on by the Rotary Club in which hundreds of rubber ducks are dumped in the Courtenay River, to "race" down to the fifth street bridge. If your duck wins the race, you're the winner of some great prizes!
- Vancouver Island Music Fest - Annually at the beginning of July
A three day music festival featuring performers from Canada and the world. Family oriented, and lots of fun!
- Downtown Market Day- Annually in July
Fifth street in Courtenay is closed to traffic as the local shops and buskers set up with great deals, food, and entertainment.
- Filberg Festival- Annually over August long weekend
The Filberg Festival is an arts and crafts festival held each year at the Filberg Lodge and Gardens. Artists from around the world set up to show and sell their crafts, such as jewelery, knits, leather, paintings and sculpture, and all kinds of knick-knacks you can't find anywhere else! The festival also features plenty of entertainment, much of it focused on children. A must see if you are visiting in August.
- Comox Nautical Days- Annually on the BC Day long weekend
A festival of family fun with events such as International Bathtub Race, Canoe Jousting, Clam Chowder Cooking Contest, Build Bail and Sail, and the Ceremony of the Flags.
From hiking to boating, fishing, and nature watching, there are plenty of things to do every day whether summer, winter, spring or fall. Visit the Comox Valley Tourism site
for a larger list of activities.
- Courtenay & District Museum- Our local museum with some great exhibits - make sure you check out the rare Elasmosaur bones found right here in the valley!
- Mt. Washington- Hiking and bird watching in the summer, skiing, snowboarding, and our favourite, tubing in the winter! Check out our weather page for current run conditions in the winter.
- Kayaking, Fishing, & Boating- Bates Beach Oceanfront resort rents everything you need to enjoy these featured activities! Don't miss out on the kayaking if you come for good weather - you'll be amazed how close you can get to the wildlife, and the reef just up the beach has urchins, starfish, and tons of other less mobile shallow water life!
- Hiking and Biking on the trails at Seal Bay- Just a few minutes walk from our campground is Seal Bay Nature Park. This second growth forest reserve features majestic ravines filled with ferns and beautiful trails through a quiet forest. These trails are very sheltered from the weather, and offer great enjoyment in every season.
- Golfing- Our resort is located a short drive from Crown Isle, an 18 hole championship golf course. Other popular courses include Sunnydale Golf and Country Club, Longlands Par3, and Mulligans.